Our foyer splits into 2 rooms, with the dining room being on the left and what I call a parlour room on the right. (Off the blog, I just call it the front room, but that’s not a technical term.) This is where I put our second tree that faces the street. A few facts about our christmas tree:
- Your looking at an 9 ft thrift store tree that I got for FREE. In case you don’t know, calling me cheap is a compliment and my whole house is decorated on the cheap.
2. We have a theme for the front and dining room. It’s a woodland animals/winter wonderland theme. Our tree has owls, birdhouses, foxes, and rabbits on it. For anyone looking closely, I have a few pieces of paper stuck on the tree as placeholders. I ordered these lanterns which are a huge deal at $7.99 each to put up, but they haven’t arrived yet. Bummer.
3. Trains are sort of my husband’s thing. They are nostalgic for him since he has always had one at Christmas time and we put ours under the front room tree.
4. This is our family Santa Sack. I created a stencil from this tutorial and “painted” it using a fabric marker. I got my canvas sack for $4 at Hobby Lobby or you can easily order one for about $25 on etsy.
Our dining room continues the winter wonderland theme.
This 3-tiered stand is a new addition this year! It is actually a silver serving tray and a 2-tier cookie stand from my mom’s kitchen. I took a piece of wrapping paper cardboard and wrapped it with ribbon to make a 3-tiered stand.
The silver coated deer tie into the foyer and I got six of them on sale.
To be honest, I am not normally fancy enough to put place cards on my table. It is usually friends and family visiting, so they can sit wherever they please. But I felt like the table needed a bit more color and something festive. I just happened to have some leftover Christmas balls and I love the pop of color on the mats.
Thank you for joining me today and I am so glad you came! If you want to learn more about us, check out a few of my favorite projects we have done:
And check out all of the other ladies in this hop! They are so talented and we have a different room each day of the week!
- My Creative Days
- Lydi Out Loud
- Our Home Made Easy
- Craving Some Creativity
- Lehman Lane
- Slightly Coastal
- The Crowned Goat
- Green With Decor
- Little Red Brick House
- Catherina’s Creative Corner
- Houseful of Handmade
- 1915 House
- All Things Big and Small
- 2 Bees in a Pod – Vicki
- Average But Inspired
- Bliss Ranch
- Keys to Inspiration
- Country Design Style
- Making it in the Mountains