These Ham and Swiss Hawaiian Slider Rolls are so easy and delicious! Great for parties or summer nights when you need to feed a crowd, the sweet Hawaiian Rolls make amazing and cute sandwiches.
These pull apart ham and swiss sliders with mustard sauce are one of my go-to potluck recipes. I mean who doesn’t love little gourmet looking sandwiches? They are so easy too. Over the summer, I spent two weeks back in my ol’ teenage stomping grounds in Tennessee. The family and all the dogs are doing very well. While I was there, my newest adorable niece was having a minion-themed birthday party.
But I didn’t stop there either. I made these super simple sandwiches for the party-goers to munch on while the main fare was grilling. Although I have seen other versions of these Hawaiian sandwiches, I must say that most of them make the sauce like a seasoned butter, not a mustard sauce. Where is the flavor in that?! The rolls are already sweet and buttery to me. The tang of the mustard and savory Worcestershire sauce is really what’s needed.
Frequently asked questions:
Anything you can do ahead of time when serving a crowd is a win, right? These can be prepped and stored in the refrigerator with the topping for 4 hours for easy serving. I would leave the topping off if you want to store them longer than that.
That’s one of the things I love about these sliders. They are super simple to make and there are endless variations to try. You can swap the cheese out for cheddar, provolone, mozzarella, gruyere, or pepper jack if you like it spicy! You could try them with turkey or roast beef if you prefer, or even top them with everything but the bagel seasoning. You really can’t go wrong!
In the event you have any sliders leftover (which is unlikely), they can be reheated in the oven. Cover sliders with aluminum foil and bake at 350 till heated through. It should take about 10 minutes.
I have been serving this version for years and the guest’s reaction was the same as always: “OMG, these are so good! Do you have the recipe?”. Yes, friends, yes I do! And now you do too.
Looking for more easy dishes to bring to a party? Here are our favorites!
- 15 minute Punch Bowl Cake
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Create a Snacking Buffet in less than 2 hours
- Crowd Pleasing and Healthy Potluck Snacks
Ham Swiss Hawaiian Slider Rolls
- 1 package (12 count) King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- 6 oz deli sliced honey ham
- 12 slices swiss cheese or 8oz brick, sliced
- 2 teaspoon dried onion
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 2.5 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave or over the stovetop. Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, dried onions and poppy seeds. Stir well until sauce is consistent.
- Using the largest serrated knife you have, slice the King’s Hawaiian rolls in half to create a top and bottom bun. The sandwiches can be baked in the liner provided with the rolls or line the bottom a 9X11 baking pan with the bottom halves of the rolls. Spread the ham over the rolls, and then layer the Swiss cheese on top. Using a brush or a spoon, spread ⅓ of the sauce over the Swiss cheese. Place the other halves of the rolls on top. Spread the remained of the sauce on top of the rolls.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the covered baking dishes in the oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese has finished melting. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 12 mini sandwiches and easily doubles for a larger crowd.
What's For Dinner?
Signup for recipe updates and get a free cookbook of Easy Weeknight Supper Solutions!
Our Newest Recipe Videos
More Great Recipes