A Punch Bowl Cake is the perfect dump-and-go dish for all your summer potlucks! This quick, no bake cake comes together in minutes, feeds a crowd, and only requires 5 basic ingredients to make. It is a cool, creamy dessert that is perfect as a summer treat!
There are 3 desserts I can not be left alone with: Thin Mint Cookies, Key Lime Pie, and this Punch Bowl Cake. It’s one of those sneaky desserts. The kind that you find yourself looking for just a little bit more only to realize you ate like half the bowl. A friend introduced me to this marvel several years ago at a work potluck and it gave me that amorous feeling from the very start.
Notes for Making A Dump Cake
I suppose I should list a few notes from my many times making this. First, I make my own vanilla extract and it is so easy!
Second, fresh pineapple does not have as much juice. If you find the cake to be too dry, use canned or reserve some of the pineapple juice. I usually use canned pineapple with angel cake because it tends to be dry to me.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS CAKE AND CUPCAKES? CHECK THESE OUT:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispies
- 20 of the Best Homemade Cupcake Recipes
- Bailey’s White Chocolate Cake
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 1 yellow or angel food cake store bought or homemade
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp White Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 lb Strawberries
- 20 oz canned chunked pineapple in juice or fresh pineapple
- Almonds or pecans optional
- Wash and slice strawberries. Drain pineapple. Set aside.
- You will make the whipped cream. Do not substitute with cool whip. In a large chilled bowl, add the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Whip at high speed, until very fluffy and stiff. It should stick to the sides of the bowl.
- Cut cake into bite sized chunks.
- In punch bowl or other large bowl, add fruit, cake and whip cream. Fold together with a spoon. Topped with toasted almonds or chopped pecans, if desired.
- The cake can be served immediately but is best overnight to allow the fruit to soak into the cake. The cake will not become soggy overnight. Lasts about 3 days usually.
Looking for more easy dessert ideas?