This festive cilantro, corn, and black bean salad packs a colorful rainbow of veggies, beans, corn, and dressed with a fresh cilantro dress that is quick to make and will be a hit at the dinner table or your next party.
Corn and Black Bean Salad Recipe
This cilantro, corn, and black bean salad is always highly requested at every gathering. My sister-in-law brought it a few years back and it is always gone in no time. I mean, even our steak and potato friends gobble it up. I wanted to serve something healthy and satisfying along with the traditional fare at the Superbowl a few weeks back and this was the first thing to come to mind.
This salad is satisfying as both a side dish, a topping for chicken or fish, or as a party dip in place of salsa. Just add some tortilla chips, but make sure to get the little bowl kind, and you are set! This salad yields about 5 cups so it is easy to double if you have a large party.
Cilantro Corn and Black Bean Salad Recipe Tips
The best part about this salsa/salad is that it is pretty flexible. I like to add olives, but if it isn’t your preference, add more corn or peppers if you wish. Jalopeno could also be a nice addition if you want to add some kick to this cilantro, corn and black bean salad.
Looking for more easy summer treats? Look no further:
- Punch Bowl Cake
- Marshmallow Pops
- Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats
- Simple Avocado Salsa
- Ginger Peanut Broccoli Slaw
- Chickpea Salad with Vinaigrette
- Blackberry Sangria
PIN IT FOR LATER:
Cilantro Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 1/3 cup green peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups whole corn canned or frozen is fine
- 2/3 cup garbanzo beans drained
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1 1/3 cup Black Beans
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- dash black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- In a large bowl, add all the salad ingredients. In a separate smaller bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together. Add dressing to the salad and toss until evenly distributed. For best results, chill in the refridgerator for at least an hour to let the flavors mix. Serve as a side dish or as a dip with tortilla chips.
Our Newest Recipe Videos
More Delicious Salad Recipes