Enjoy the spoils of game-day food with less guilt! Savory and satisfying Healthy Football Party Snacks that won’t sabotage your healthy goals and lifestyle. Give the home team what they want with these dips, salsas, tasty nachos, chicken wings, and more delish bite-sized noshes.
Do your New Year’s goals include health-conscious eating habits? I’ve always found it ironic that the time of year many of us are counting calories also includes the single worst day for overindulgent eating in America.
But with a few tweaks to your favorite game day classics, there’s no need to sacrifice flavor, or fall off the resolution wagon.
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite crowd-pleasing, yet healthy football party recipes. From dips to wings, there’s something to please every fan. Suggested substitutions are included for Whole 30, Paleo, or Keto compliance if desired. Check the ingredient list for your required needs.
Healthy Game Day Recipes
If you’re a guest at a football party, whip up one of these dishes to bring along. I have included a quick reference guide for particular diets. I am not a nutritionist or dietician, so be sure to check all ingredients for proper compliance to your health needs.
- GF = Gluten Free
- LC = Lower Calorie (from original recipes)
- PB = Plant Based (majority vegetable, not necessarily vegetarian)
- V = Vegan
- W30 = Whole30 Compliant
- K=low carb or keto
- P = Paleo
- * = May require some easy modification to be compliant
New Takes on Traditional Football Foods
BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Nachos
GF, LC, PB, V, W30*, P* – Looking for a more sophisticated take on nachos? These BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Nachos are a hassle-free, delicious alternative! Sweet Potatoes are Whole 30 and Paleo-approved, but skip the legumes.
Baked Dry Rub Chicken Wings
GF, LC, K, P – What’s a football party buffet without wings? These Baked Dry Rub Chicken Wings are crispy, flavorful, and super easy to make! Keto-friendly, this recipe packs in lots of crowd-pleasing kicks without any messy sauce.
Spicy Cauliflower Wings
LC, PB, V* – Another delicious alternative to traditional deep-fried wings are these spicy cauliflower wings. Swap honey for another sweetener for a vegan option. They are baked to golden perfection with a spicy habanero sauce, and even grilled for optimal flavor and texture.
Mexican Bean Dip
GF, LC, PB, V – A flavorful vegan dip with a prep time of 15 minutes! This hearty Mexican Bean Dip is full of beans, veggies, and a cilantro-lime dressing. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or other dippers to score big with party guests.
LC – Who doesn’t love bite-size appetizers? This Baked Ravioli is a healthier twist on the classic deep-fried version. All the flavor and crunch of the original, minus the guilt! Make and serve in under 20 minutes; I dare you to eat just one.
Football Party Finger Foods
Healthy snacks, like these finger foods for football parties, are just what you need in order to stay on track but still indulge a bit. Forget the cream cheese and dive into these delicious easy football party snacks!
- Vegan Jalapeno Poppers – These vegan jalapeño poppers are the perfect football party snack with a healthier, fun twist!
- How to Build a Charcuterie Board This entertaining staple encourages guests to mingle. Enhance your board by loading it with unexpected surprises such as fruits, veggies, peppers and dips.
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Flautas – Scrumptious chicken and cheese wrapped in a crunchy tortilla – all I can say is yes, please! These crispy air fryer chicken flautas are effortless and require little time to prepare or even cook.
- Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms – a delicious, savory snack perfect for Game Day. Your guests will love these bite-sized hors d’oeuvres.
- Sweet Potato Taco Bites – These sweet potato taco bites are packed with flavor, yet healthy and packed with protein, potassium, and vitamins A and C.
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – Transform a classic game day recipe into a healthier alternative with this yummy buffalo chicken meatballs recipe!
- Asian Turkey Meatballs – These Asian Turkey Meatballs are delicious, tender and tossed into an Asian inspired glaze. These are the perfect dinner or appetizer idea and only take about 30 minutes to make!
- White Cheddar Quinoa Bites – GF, LC, K*- Ready to try something brand new? These are the wild card seed no one saw coming!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Cups
LC, PB, V – Spinach and Artichoke Dip goes vegan with bite-size Vegan Spinach Artichoke Cups. These savory little delights are so yummy, that guests will be none the wiser that they’re eating “health food.” I won’t tell if you don’t.
For The Hungry Crowd
If you’ve got a large crowd, meals they can build and go are the best way to go for healthy Super Bowl snack options! Think handheld items like homemade pizzas or customizable bars like a taco bar, charcuterie, or any of these great recipes.
Mexican Stuffed Potatoes
LC, PB, V – Packed with zesty black beans, sweet corn, vibrant peppers, and cheese, these irresistible Mexican stuffed Potatoes are a flavor fiesta waiting to happen. Please any crowd with this simple savory recipe.
Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
GF, LC, K, P* – Nothing says party like food on a stick! Pineapple, soy sauce, honey, and ginger create a winning flavor profile. These Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs are easy to make and perfect for game day.
GF, W30*, P* – Chili can be Whole 30 and Paleo compliant, as long as you skip the beans! This Cincinnati Chili is a home team favorite. With no added oil and extra lean ground beef, it’s a healthy and filling gameday choice. A hint of chocolate lends a smoky taste to please die-hard fans.
Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos
GF*, LC, K* – These Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos are ideal for halftime noshing. 15-minute prep time and toppings to satisfy any snacker. Lighten it up by swapping out creamy avocado for sour cream, using lower fat cheese in moderation, or swapping out tortillas for diet appropriate options (low carb tortillas are actually really good!)
Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
GF, LC, PB, K, W30, P – These colorful Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps are simple, spicy handhelds perfect for any fiesta. Each tasty taco is fast to make and packed with flavor. Now that’s a game day win!
Healthy Dips for Game Day
A good dip is a necessity for any Super Bowl party full of noshes! The best part of a dip is that it can be paired with healthy dipper options like celery, carrots, red pepper strips, cauliflower, or vegetable chips.
- Whipped Feta Dip – only 5 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to whip up! It is a tasty dip and makes a perfect appetizer!
- Avocado Crema – What does this NOT go with?! Fresh avocado and cilantro blended with a creamy base to drizzle on your favorite Mexican dishes, seafood, burgers, or just as a dip!
- Pico De Gallo – Authentic Mexican salsa fresca is as fresh and zesty as it sounds. Pico de Gallo has so much flavor, that it can be eaten on its own or as a dip. This easy-to-make crowd pleaser is chock full of tasty ingredients. Vegan-friendly and Whole 30, Paleo, and Keto compliant.
- Pineapple Salsa – This sweet and savory pineapple salsa is a bright and fresh combination of ripe pineapple, peppers, onions, and cilantro, all tossed together and seasoned with lime juice.
- Healthy Ranch Dip – zesty flavor to your favorite bites without the guilt! Creamy and tangy, this recipe works as a thick dressing or dip with a secret ingredient and stirs together in minutes.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – The very best filling, low-carb dip around! Tastes just like wings in a dip form.
- Whipped Cottage Cheese – This delicious whipped cottage cheese recipe makes for an easy, high-protein breakfast or snack. Tangy cottage cheese whipped into a dreamy texture that’s smooth, fluffy, and creamy, you can use it as a dip or spread!
- Whipped Ricotta Dip – This delicious whipped ricotta dip is ready in 5 minutes, deliciously seasoned, topped with a drizzle of honey and pistachios.
- Nut-Free Nacho Cheese Sauce – This creamy, cheesy nacho cheese sauce is perfect for game day and ready fast!
- Greek Yogurt French Onion Dip – Greek Yogurt French Onion Dip is a light and fresh appetizer or snack. It’s made with non-fat Greek yogurt and caramelized onions for a creamy texture and delicious flavor.
- High Protein Green Goddess Cottage Cheese Dip – This high-protein green goddess dip tastes delicious with veggies or crackers. It is super easy to make.
- Buffalo Baked Feta White Bean Dip – This dip is so good, the spicy hot sauce pairs so well with the salty feta.
- Spicy Olive Hummus – This Olive Hummus is flavored just right and is the perfect dipper for chips, veggies, and more.
- Chocolate Fruit Dip – This Healthy Chocolate Fruit Dip will be a touchdown on game day for sure!
Or Try a New Culture
- Layer Greek Dip – Layered Greek Dip is a light and refreshing appetizer recipe that is bursting with Greek flavors! It starts with a base of homemade hummus that is topped with diced cucumber, tomato, olives, red onion, and Feta cheese. It is quick and easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser!
- Zaalouk – A few simple ingredients are all you need to make this simple Moroccan-style cooked salad/dip made from roasted eggplant, fresh tomato, and warm spices. This salad is often served with bread and can be eaten hot or cold.
- Healthy Corn and Black Bean Dip – Served at every family gathering and easy to make a BIG batch, this is a hit! Gluten free and Vegetarian/ vegan, but flavorful including a crave-worthy cilantro dressing.
- Cowboy Caviar Dip – This dip goes by many names, but it’s unanimous that Cowboy Caviar Dip is a welcome addition to your Super Bowl spread. This colorful and nutritious dish is chock full of veggies, and a big flavor. No cooking is required! Serve as a dip, salsa, or side dish.
- Easy Air Fryer Paneer Tikka – Try our easy air fryer paneer with homemade tandoori masala! You can serve the crispy, tender paneer as a tasty main dish or appetizer.
- Mediterranean Dip – Ready in 10 minutes, this dip is fresh and delicious with hummus, feta, and fresh crunchy vegetables.
- Stuffed Dates – These stuffed dates have the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. They’re loaded with flavor and made with simple, nutrient-dense ingredients.
- Baba Ganoush without Garlic – This flavorful eggplant dip is the perfect companion to pita and veggies. You don’t need a food processor for this easy recipe. It’s smoky, creamy, and delicious!
What's For Dinner?
Signup for recipe updates and get a free cookbook of Easy Weeknight Supper Solutions!