A simple Citrus Honey Soy Marinade that satisfies a hungry family or a great party platter. Marinate it over Chicken Kebabs for the ideal easy summer grilling dinner.
Hi, all! Hope you had a great weekend! The weather has been beautiful here and it’s time to get the garden together in furious fashion. With spring cleaning, gardening, and Easter all converging, simple meals have been the menu lately. You really can’t beat grilling for easy dinners. I love to fire up the grill any time of year and definitely don’t wait till the summer, although working on the new gas grill makes dinner really fast and easy. Today’s recipe is a very simple Citrus Honey Soy Marinade that will satisfy a hungry family. I know that whenever I find something to satisfy both of my biggest critics, it’s a home-run at our house. This marinade is perfect for chicken and pork dishes. I will bet that it is awesome with salmon as well, although I have never used it.
If you want to make chicken kabobs with this marinade, cut your meat and vegetables about 1 – 1.5 inches thick. The key is to keep the thickness even. You can use any vegetables you like such as red or green pepper, onions, and mushrooms. Generous pineapple chunks are beautiful when grilled as well. I absolutely love grilled pineapple because of how the grill caramelizes the pineapple edges slightly. Don’t forget your kabob skewers!
Honey Soy Chicken Kebabs
- 1.5 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 can pineapple chunks or use fresh pineapple when in season
- 5 cups vegetables such as red onion, bell peppers, or mushrooms
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Pour over chicken or pork. Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour over chicken and coat well.
- Cut veggies into chunk size pieces. The vegetables should ideally all be the same size as the chicken
- Pre-heat grill to med-high.
- Thread the chicken and veggies using kebab skewers or bamboo sticks. Brush with additional marinade.
- Grill 12-16 minutes or until cooked through. Rotate as needed during grilling.
Do you think any season is good for grilling or do you wait until the warmer months? How do you keep it all together making great meals when your family’s schedule is so busy? Let me know in the comments below.
Our Newest Recipe Videos
More Easy Dinner Ideas