Easy Crunchy Asian Slaw is the perfect recipe for your next potluck or summer gathering. The Ginger Peanut Dressing has a sweet tangy flavor made from a combination of soy sauce, peanut butter, and ginger.
I first had a version of this slaw at my wedding shower. I can’t believe that was almost 9 years ago! Am I aging myself? Maybe but wow, time flies and the days of my early 20s seem like a lifetime ago. It funny because I can still remember the entire menu my best friend and I made together. Ah, memories.
Ok, ok, snap back to the recipe. Normally, Asian slaw is made from traditional cabbage slaw mixtures. I sometimes add some napa cabbage into my recipe, but mostly I like to avoid slicing a ton of vegetables. I wanted something easy so this recipe uses a pre-mixture slaw. However, most store-bought cabbage slaws are so boring! I love that the broccoli slaw has much more carrots, purple cabbage, and, and color. Mix in some edamame beans and it is completed with a simple ginger dressing.
This slaw is everything I love about spring and summer foods, especially since I get to grow most of them in my garden this year! Yes, I am super excited about gardening. First, because I literally moved over 1500lbs of soil yesterday to a new plot. I get the whole feeling powerful and accomplished thing after that, but mostly, my body is just groaning and I don’t want to move off the couch. I’m thinking that I may try broccoli again this year, and then I could make this recipe from my garden. How cool would that be? Do you garden and can give any advice? I would totally accept anything as this year I really want to be more successful than last year’s disaster.
Looking For More Crowd Pleasing Recipes? Check These Out:
Asian Broccoli Slaw with Ginger Peanut Dressing
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar unseasoned
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter I use creamy but crunchy would be fine too
- 1 tsp fresh ginger ground or finely minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 package Broccoli or cabbage slaw broccoli is pictured
- 1 cup edamame shelled
- rice noodles for garnish optional
- In a small bowl, add honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger, and garlic. Whisk together briskly until a uniform golden brown color.
- In a second large bowl, add slaw and edamame. Just before serving, toss dressing into slaw. Add rice noodles for garnish or on the side if desired.
What's For Dinner?
Signup for recipe updates and get a free cookbook of Easy Weeknight Supper Solutions!
More Family Favorite Recipes