When Hubby got his big-boy job after college, he traveled quite a bit. I really wanted to show my support for him and his career. Being the sweet wife that I am (HA!), I always tucked something in his suitcase when he wasn’t looking. I thought of these little travel treats as like a cute care package. Everyone loves care packages, right?
*This post may contain affiliate links.
I remember on a particular trip, his flight was delayed and he did not get to his destination until after all restaurants were closed. He was so grateful when he opened his suitcase to find a box of snacks to quell his tummy rumbles! Sometimes my care packages for husband are as simple as a card and a picture of the fun he is missing at home. It is the thought that counts.
If putting in a carry-on, make sure all of your goodies will be appropriate and not subject to confiscation.
Care Package for Boyfriend On Business Trip
- a picture of the family or the one who misses him very much
- a card or letter
- Sudoku or puzzle books
- mini-packages of his favorite coffee or tea
- cereal bars or granola bars
- water mixes like Mio or Crystal Light
- fresh uncut fruit like apples or a pear (nothing squishy)
- trail mix
- a poem
- a favorite keepsake or trinket that reminds them of an inside joke between you two
- pack of postcards and a pen
- mints or gum
- a swatch of paper or fabric with your perfume on it
- helpful apps for his phone that he can use on the airplane
- pens or pencils
- a playlist of songs (yes, totally high school love awesome!)
The simple unexpected gifts are often the most cherished and I am sure you can come up with a few of your own tailored care package ideas. My husband still talks about it even though he doesn’t travel as much now and he always seemed to look forward to coming home even more!
For more sweet ideas, check these out!