Linen Closet Organization with Free Tags! Get that closet organized with these printable tags for baskets and storage.
This month was quite the project for me since I wanted to showcase one of the most interesting aspects of the Silhouette line of machines. Many crafters I know think of the Silhouette as just a ‘nother cutting machine, but it really it so much more than that! The software that comes with all the machines is called the Design Studio and that is how I view it. Today, I am sharing these rather intricate looking tags that were designed entirely with my Silhouette Cameo. (Technically, the flourish design is my own from another program, but you can use any flourish you wish).
To turn any regular cut shape into a print and cut is easy!
- First, I designed the tags just as I normally would if I were going to cut all the shapes.
- Then, I selected the shapes/text inside the tag, opened the fill color window and selected the white swatch to fill them in with the color I desired. In this case, I filled in the letters in dark gray, the background in a light silvery blue, and the laurels in a silver gray.
- I then turned on the registration marks (menu-> silhouette -> registration marks)
- The page is then printed out on a standard printer. After it prints, I load the printed copy in my Silhouette Cameo.
- Then, I opened the cut settings window (shown above), selected the text/shapes and selected no cut from the menu. For these tags, the only shape I left was the outside of the tag.
- Lastly, select the material type and click send to Silhouette.
I used these tags for my linen/guest closet upstairs. You can see our full makeover and list of sources here.
More Organization Ideas to Try:
- Small Bathroom Organization Ideas
- Garage Organization in 5 simple steps
- Small Pantry Organization Ideas
- How I Clean My Home Without Chemicals (and it’s cleaner!)
These tags, and so much more, are available instantly in our free library for newsletter subscribers.
You can subscribe below and receive a free guide as well! They are in PDF form, so you do not need to have a silhouette or Cricut machine to use! I have even included blank ones to personalize them yourself.
Grab our free series "Weekend Home Projects that will Transform Your Life"
Sign up below to receive updates including free printables, organization tips, home improvement projects, recipes and more!
More Free Printable Labels
do you still have these available for download?
Thank you, and many blessings!
I do have these available in the printable library for newsletter subscribers. If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, you can sign up here. The link to the library is at the bottom of every newsletter, plus you can receive a free series to “Weekend Projects to Transform your Life” and our weekly updates of all things Home Improvement, Cooking, and Crafts.
Meredith @ The Palette Muse says
I’m so excited about this! I haven’t even taken my silhouette out of the box yet and am intimidated by trying to learn how to use it. I think I just need to start trying some of these projects…
Oh, I am excited for you! I actually had the original silhouette machine for many years and I have saved so much money on projects that it paid for itself many times over. When my MIL surprised me with the Cameo for Christmas, I actually cried, lol! I am not the tears of joys kind of girl, either. I know you will love it. If you ever have any problems or a question, let me know.
Another great project that shows me how to use my silhouette! I love the labels – they will go perfectly in your new laundry room! Thanks so much for sharing! Pinning for later!
MEg @ Green with decor says
These are perfect for keeping organized, what a great idea!
Erica @ Dwell Beautiful says
I just LOVE being organized and these labels are just too cute. Perfect for getting everything in order! 🙂
Jen @ The striped house says
What a cute idea! This is inspiring me to get organized 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Circle Link Party. Happy Blogging!
Once I figured out how to print/design and cut on the silhouette it’s one of my favorite tools to use. These look great!
Thanks, Rachel! I am much happier with my super dark closet. I like them so much that I think I am going to paint the closet blue as well!
Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty says
You are my inspiration – this is SO what I need to do, in ALL of my closets!!
Amy Dowling says
I love these! So polished and organized. Great idea. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Cat @ Pocketful of Posies says
So cute Rachel! I could really use a set of these in my linen closet! Thanks for sharing! Pinning!
I plan to set them up for download but I have to redo the files to make them easily editable so hopefully soon!
Chanell @HobnailHouse says
What a great idea! And I love the tag design you chose!