Crispy, chewy, rich Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are the perfect chocolate and nut cookie combo!
A while ago I shared my family’s favorite cookie, the New Orleans Praline and today’s recipe is its more classic variety, the Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie. Crispy and packed with nuts and chocolate, this cookie takes the familiar to a whole new level!
HOW LONG WILL CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN COOKIES STAY FRESH?
They will typically stay fresh for 3 or 4 days in a sealed container. However, they can last up to a week when stored with a piece of sliced bread.
CAN I FREEZE COOKIE DOUGH?
Absolutely. To enjoy thaw them in the refrigerator before baking. These cookies can also be frozen after baking if you prefer. Serve immediately after thawing so the chocolate does not sweat too much during defrosting.
The recipe is SUPER easy and quick, I actually use a mellon baller (that name sounds awesome) to scoop the dough quickly. The only thing I don’t normally use it for is…meatballs. Ha!
Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies work with a variety of nuts with no changes in ingredients.
Looking for more simple desserts? Check Out Our Favorites:
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup oats old fashioned or quick is fine
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. G
- In a medium bowl, add flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- In a large bowl or mixer stand, add butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- 1/2 cup at a time, add dry ingredient mixture to egg mixture and mix slightly between additions. Scrape the side of the bowl and mix until consistent. Do not overmix.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in chocolate chips and pecan.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before moving to a wire rack.
Newest Recipe Videos
Check Out More of Our Creative Desserts