These Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats take traditional Rice Krispie Treats to the heavenly level. They’re topped with creamy no-bake cheesecake and fresh strawberry sauce. Add a drizzle of white chocolate if you really want a decadent treat!
Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats
The kids in our neighborhood love rice krispie treats. Original rice krispie treats, with their sweet and gooey marshmallows, are one of the easiest treats to make and they are perfect as a throw together spring or summer time treat. Of course, everything is better with cheesecake so I wondered how about adding cheesecake to the original rice krispie treat and maybe a fruit topping. And, thus, the Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treat was born.
The wonderful thing about homemade rice krispie treats is that they are so easy to make. While the cheesecake does add a little more effort, I kept it no-bake and it is definitely worth a little extra time! Basically, the rice krispies act in place of a traditional crust so the combination of crunchy and soft works perfectly.
Looking for more easy summer treats? Look no further:
If you are planning on making these, the only real suggestion I have is to keep the strawberry sauce separate until serving. Letting them sit together for even a few hours or less can make the bottom of the rice krispies a bit soggy. I usually cut them and then add the strawberry topping as I serve individually. But, trust me, you will love this combination!
Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispies
Rice Krispie Crust
- 4 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 Tbsp Butter salted or unsalted is fine
- 10 oz mini-marshmallows 1 bag, generally
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, softened 2 packages
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped topping such as cool whip
- one packet unflavored gelatin 1/4 oz
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 lb Strawberries rough chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate for drizzling optional
Rice Krispie Crust
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal and stir until even coated.
- Spray a deep 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Using wax paper or a buttered spatula, evenly press the mixture into the pan. For a crust like treat, make the layer about a half inch thick. This recipe has enough to make the Rice Krispie treat layer thicker, if desired. Allow to cool in refridgerator while making the rest of the dessert.
- In a small bowl, mix sliced strawberries, sugar, and orange zest (optional) until well coated. Allow to sit about 30 minutes, and stir a few times, until the strawberries release their juice and the sugar is well dissolved. Mash a few of the strawverries with a wooden spoon. If more syrup is needed, add a Tbsp of water.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, sprinkle the gelatin powder over the water. Stir to moisten and allow to sit for a 3-5 minutes. Microwave 20-30 seconds until the gelatin is dissolved and liquid. Set aside to cool.
- Add the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and sift the powdered sugar over top. Mix on low speed with the paddle attachment until the sugar begins to incorporate into the cream cheese. Then raise the mixer speed to medium and mix until the sugar is fully incorporated. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. The mixture should look fluffy and creamy, like frosting. A few extra whips won't hurt it if you are unsure.
- Switch to the whisk attachment and stir in the whipped topping. Continue to mix, slowly increasing the speed to high, until soft peaks form (peaks that slowly bend over at the tips).
- If the gelatin has started to gel, warm it in the microwave for another 5 to 10 seconds until liquidy again before mixing it into the filling. Return the mixer speed to high and beat until the mixture forms firm peaks (peaks that stay firmly upright at the tips).
- Spoon the cheesecake filling over the cooled Rice Krispie Treats and spread evenly with a cake knife or spoon. Refrigerate one hour or overnight. Just before serving, gently spoon or pour the strawberry filling over top of the cheesecake filling or serve over individual slices. The strawberry sauce can make the rice krispies a bit soggy if left for a long period of time.
- (Optional White Chocolate Drizzle) - After cooling period, melt white chocolate chips in microwave by heating at 30 second intervals and stirring between each until completely melted. Using a spoon or a piping bag, drizzle the white chocolate over the strawberry topping.
Our Latest Recipe Videos
More Delicious and Fun Treats