This refreshing Summer Blackberry Sangria is the perfect, easy summer cocktail to serve at an intimate gathering or for a crowd. This make-ahead punch blends red wine, brandy, and plenty of summer fruit flavors.
Oh yes, Blackberry Sangria and the lazy days of summer go together perfectly! It’s 95 degrees this weekend in our neck of the woods but the breeze is keeping the temperatures from feeling overwhelming. It’s a perfect weekend to sit back and enjoy some of my favorite Sangria recipe on the deck, especially at night on the deck with our new lights.
*This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and adore.
All you need for this sangria is a good dry table wine, brandy, fresh fruit, and some ginger ale. You can boost the blackberry flavor by making your own blackberry simple syrup. However, sometimes, it’s been a long week and I skip it and simply add the sugar to the wine as is. The sugar can be harder to dissolve in the wine directly so stir quite a bit. Your choice, as both are very delicious!
Looking for more Summer Treats? Look no further!
- Sparkling Winter Punch for adults
- Pomegranate Apple Cocktail
- Easy Marshmallow Pops
- Key Lime Pie Milkshakes
This is an easy cocktail to make for large parties because it only has a few ingredients and is easy to double or triple. Plus, everyone always enjoys it!
For best results allow the sangria to set overnight. The fruit has more time to infuse into the wine and you can adjust after it has had time to sit. As the flavors meld, you will notice that the sangria will get fruitier and sweeter. I always add the ginger ale just before serving. If you want a stronger wine taste, add less ginger ale and more if you want a more of a fruity punch taste.
Tools Used in Making this Blackberry Sangria
Simple Mesh Strainer – use in place of most any recipe that asks for cheesecloth.
Reusable Ice Cubes – watered down drinks are terrible. These keep your drink cold without diluting it and these are clear and BPA free!
Insulated Wine Glasses with Lids– Perfect for the hot outdoors and protects your drink to boot!
The Perfect Sangria Glasses – these stemless wine glasses are perfect for sipping!
Awesome Straws you can’t live without: I’m sure these are a limited time thing, don’t miss out on all the awesome and unique flamingo fun!
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 4 oz fresh blackberries sliced or mushed slightly
- cheesecloth or mesh strainer
- Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 750 ml bottle of dry red wine I use a blended red wine
- 1/2 cup brandy I use Christian Brothers, no need for the expensive stuff
- 24 oz ginger ale
- 1 slices lime cut into thin slices
- 2 medium oranges or 1 x-large orange
- 6 oz blackberries
- Instructions for simple syrup (see note):
- In a small saucepan, add the water and sugar. Bring to a boil for 2-3 until sugar is dissolved and the water is clear. Add in blackberries and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the blackberries are mushy. Transfer to the cheesecloth and squeeze all of the juice into a small bowl. If using a mesh strainer, press down to get most of the juice. Allow to completely cool before using in the sangria.
- In a pitcher or desired serving dish, add the wine, brandy, blackberry simple syrup from above, and all the fruit. Allow to sit overnight in the fridge to fully infuse the fruit flavors into the punch. Add the ginger ale and ice just before serving.
Our Latest Recipe Videos
More Great Cocktails