Pumpkin Spice White Russian is a cozy blend of vodka, coffee liqueur, cream, and warm pumpkin spices. This festive fall cocktail brings the perfect, creamy autumnal bliss in a glass!
The autumn air is crisp and delicious. Warm, woody aromas and cooler temperatures inspire cozy fall recipes. And what’s more synonymous with fall than pumpkin spice? Admittedly, other than my betcha-can’t-eat-just-one Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, I haven’t jumped on the pumpkin spice bandwagon. But this Pumpkin Spice White Russian cocktail recipe is a warm welcome to my favorite season.
A fragrant twist on the classic white Russian, this fall cocktail features the fall spice-rack all-star flavors: clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon. It’s perfect for sipping by the fire or mixing up on game day. It may just inspire you to lug those Halloween decorations out of their hideaway, (consider yourself forewarned).
What is a White Russian Made of?
A white Russian is a cocktail made with vodka, coffee liqueur (e.g., Kahlúa or Tia Maria) and heavy cream poured over ice in an old-fashioned glass. For this recipe, we add a pumpkin spice flavored creamer (I’ll show you how to make your own) that adds a spectacular Fall flavor inspired twist.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Recipe
I don’t use enough pumpkin spice to buy it separately at the store. However, I do use the individual spices often, so I make my own pumpkin spice. If you don’t have any pumpkin spice creamer, you can mix ½ teaspoon in a cup of heavy creamer, half and half, or your favorite non-dairy creamer.
Here is a very simple, no-fail recipe that makes 1.5 teaspoons and is easily doubled.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
Decorative Garnish and Rimming Ideas
I admit that one of my great passions for cocktails is the decorative garnishes! For today’s cocktail, I love to top these drinks with a bit of whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin spice. A cinnamon stick stirrer is really fun too.
If you’d like to add a tasty rim to your glasses, mix equal parts pumpkin pie spice and sparkling sugar or crushed graham crackers. Dip the glass in a bit of water or milk, shake off the excess, and then dip in the sugar & spice mixture.
Tips for Making White Russians
- You can use store-bought pumpkin spice creamer or make your own with 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice added to 1 cup half and half or non-dairy creamer of your choice.
- Choose a quality vodka – I like Tito’s, however, Stolichnaya (Stoli) is considered more authentically Russian. Stoli was invented in Russian but moved out a few decades ago.
- Lastly, if your creamer is chilled, I don’t find it necessary to shake with ice in a separate cocktail shaker. Just pour over ice and stir as you sip.
If you like this pumpkin cocktail recipe, give these other favorite Autumn Recipes a try:
What's For Dinner?
Signup for recipe updates and get a free cookbook of Easy Weeknight Supper Solutions!
More Delicious Cocktail Recipes
PS. If you make this recipe, leave a COMMENT AND A STAR RATING in the comments section at the bottom and be sure to take a photo and tag it #cravingcreative on Instagram! I appreciate you for taking the time to read about me and my family recipes.
Pumpkin Spice White Russian
- measuring jigger
- rocks glass
- cinnamon sticks
- 1 ounces Kahlua or Tia Maria
- 2 ounces Vanilla Vodka
- 2 ounces Pumpkin Spice Creamer or 1 cup half and half plus 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Spice for garnish, substitute ground cinnamon if desired.
- cinnamon stick to garnish
- whipped cream
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add Kahlua, vanilla vodka, and creamer. Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.