Sweet, tart, and perfect for holiday entertaining, this Crown Apple Mixed Drink with Pomegranate is a delicious blend of fall harvest flavors. A simple, refreshing sipper that works as an easy-drinking cocktail on crisp nights to unwind.
Even though the first official day of Autumn was this past week, the feeling in the air is that it is definitely coming but not quite in full swing. And that means it’s time for the best of fall – harvest flavors! Though apple season may not garner the cultish following of pumpkin spice season, it definitely deserves to be celebrated.
This recipe for a Crown Apple Mixed Drink with pomegranate juice is the best way to celebrate! Harvested during the fall and winter months, pomegranate and green apples are a great combination because of their sweet, yet tart qualities. A simple, refreshing sipper that works as an easy-drinking cocktail on crisp nights next to a relaxing bonfire.
Ready to try it?! Let’s talk about what’s in these festive alcoholic beverages and revisit the lessons learned many years ago when I was busy pouring drinks for many a patron around Knoxville. Oh, those were some fun nights!
What Does Crown Royal Apple Taste Like?
Crown Royal Regal Apple incorporates the smooth, caramel flavor of the original Canadian Whiskey combined with a green sour apple flavor. It’s sweet, crisp, and lighter tasting overall. It’s fruity and has far less whisky burn. The whisky taste is upfront and the lingering after taste flavor is of crisp green apples.
Tips for Making a Great Mixed Drink
Cocktail mixing is all about the proportions. A good cocktail is about how it tastes, not how strong it is. My standard mixed drink cocktail is 1.5 ounces of liquor for a small rocks glass mixed drink, and the highball cocktail glass varies anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 ounces depending on the recipe or drink. That’s just what I was always taught although some say that a standard pour is 2 ounces.
- If you don’t have a jigger, one fluid ounce equals to two tablespoons.
- If you use less ice or no ice, consider using 2 ounces because you will be adding more juice to fill the drink.
- Pour everything over ice and no need to shake.
- You can use any variety of Pomegranate juice you can find, but the most readily available one I know of is POM wonderful and it is usually in the refrigerated shelves near the fresh vegetable section.
- Lastly, I am partial to ginger ale for cocktail making but sprite will also work if you have that on hand.
- The red and green combination could really make this a fun holiday cocktail or punch for entertaining.
Want More Mixed Drink Ideas? Check out these Recipes:
Frequently asked questions
Jigger – Easy to get exactly the right measure and has a capacity for all the necessary measurements. You can’t go wrong!
No Melt Ice Cubes – watered down drinks are terrible. These keep your drink cold without diluting it and these are clear and BPA free!
Cranberry Juice is the best substitute for pomegranate as it is most closely related in taste and color. I would go with the unsweetened cranberry juice and add a little grenadine if you prefer it sweeter. Grenadine is commonly thought of to be cherry flavored, but it is actually pomegranate flavored reduced with sugar.
You sure can! Mix all the ingredients with the same proportions into a pitcher or punchbowl and store in the refrigerator to chill without the ice. You can go ahead and garnish your glasses and have guests add their desired amount of ice and just pour or ladle in this delicious cocktail
The sweet and sour notes of Crown Royal Apple lend well to a variety of mixers.
Apple cider or sparkling apple cider, Lemon-Lime Soda or Sprite, Ginger ale, Cranberry Juice, and Pomegranate are deliciously tart and a little sour that mixes beautifully with the apple flavors. Apple cider, dark or spiced rum, grenadine, and Cola are other adventurous ideas.
What's For Dinner?
Signup for recipe updates and get a free cookbook of Easy Weeknight Supper Solutions!
Other Recipes You May Like
Crown Apple and Pomegranate Cocktail
- 1.5 fl ounces Crown Royal Regal Apple equals 3 tablespoons
- 4 fl ounces Pomegranate Juice
- 1 fl ounce ginger ale
- 1 Apple sliced in rounds for garnish (optional)
- Fill rocks glass with ice.
- Pour Crown Royal Regal Apple over ice. Add 4 oz of pomegranate juice. The glass should be ⅔ full. Double the recipe for glasses larger than 10 ounces.
- Top with a heavy splash of ginger ale.