This Carrot Cake Cupcake recipe is so moist and delicious, with just the right amount of spice. Topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting and filled with pineapple, nuts, raisins, and carrots, you might want to make extra.
Can’t I have all of my fruits and vegetables in a cupcake? Ok, maybe not all, but it would be fun to try for a bit. I know that carrot cake is often synonymous with spring and I have no idea why since the first Fall frost means pulling up my remaining carrots from the garden. It’s always fun to see how big they have gotten. And it means…carrot cake cupcakes! I actually have made my Favorite Carrot Cake before but I decided this year to twist it up and make these carrot cake cupcakes.
Notes about this Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe
I have also found that everyone seems to have a different take on Carrot Cake these days. Some contain only the traditional raisins and carrots, while others pile everything from coconut shavings to pineapple bits into their carrot cake recipes. This recipe does contain raisins, pineapple, carrots, and nuts, but feel free to leave the nuts out if that’s not right for you. My own personal twist is that Carrot Cake often combines well with other flavors and extracts such as gran marnier, rum extract, and even cardamon. My personal favorite however is to use rum extract which gives a gentle warmth in place of vanilla and livened up the cinnamon and spices, but feel free to experiment to find your own favorite!
And of course, there is no better frosting for Carrot Cake than Cream Cheese Frosting. Here is the frosting recipe that I use to create a fluffy, creamy frosting for these cupcakes.
Recommended Tools for Making Cupcakes
- Food Processor with a grating top – Grating carrots can be laborious, but with a food processor it takes only a few seconds and the cleanup is much easier. Of course, you still need to wash and peel the carrots before putting them in.
- My favorite cupcake piping tips – These will get you those beautiful looking cupcakes and you don’t have to pile it high if you don’t want. Pair with a plastic decorating bag.
- Collapsible cupcake stand with carrier – less storage and it makes transport easier.
Looking for More Delicious Cake and Cupcakes? Check these out:
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 20 of the Best Homemade Cupcake Recipes
- Bailey’s White Chocolate Cake
- Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups White Sugar
- 2 tsp rum extract or vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 can crushed pineapple in juice 8oz
- 1 cup Raisins
- cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with liners or grease with butter.
- In medium bowl, whisk combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a second large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar, and extract. Add flour mixture, a cup at a time and mix well between each addition.
- In another medium bowl, combine carrots, nuts, pineapple and juice, and raisins. Using a spoon or scraper, fold the carrot mixture into the batter.
- Pour into prepared cupcake pans. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until center is done and toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
Pin It For Later: