Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Green Beans are a delicious side dish option for any meal. Ready in under 30 minutes, this recipe is big on flavor but short on prep. Versatile and perfect for busy weeknights!
Therefore, a good green bean recipe this time of year is a necessity to use up all that fresh goodness. If you’re looking for big flavor with minimal effort, Oven Roasted Parmesan Green Beans are a delicious and easy-to-make side dish. The generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese provides a salty, slightly nutty hint of flavor.
Its the perfect side to herb baked chicken or sauteed pork chops and ready in less than thirty minutes. Overall, this recipe is a delicious secret weapon in your arsenal of weeknight sanity savers and side dish options.
Simple Recipe Ingredients
Aside from the main attraction, the green beans, the recipe calls for basic cooking staples like olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Green Beans.- fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed.
- Olive Oil. Olive oil works better in the oven than butter.
- Garlic. large cloves finely chopped or sub for fresh minced garlic.
- Parmesan cheese. Fresh grated from the block melts a little easier but pre-shredded is good too.
- Parsley. Parsely and black pepper give it texture, so dried or fresh is fine.
How to Choose Green Beans
If you don’t have the benefit of picking them fresh from the garden, here are some tips for store bought green beans:
- Choose beans with vibrant green color, free from brown spots or bruises.
- They should feel smooth but firm and “snap” when broken. No wimpy, wilty beans!
- Green beans are best when in season during summer and early fall.
- Store unwashed green beans in a plastic bag for up to 1 week in the vegetable crisper.
I also like to pair this garlic parmesan green beans recipe with Roasted Butternut Squash, Cajun Potatoes, and sometimes one of our many Fall side dish ideas. There are so classic and versatile, you really can’t go wrong!
Frequently Asked Questions
“Green bean” refers to all long, tender beans that are green in color, but they can also be called string beans, snap beans, bush beans, or haricot verts.
Haricot verts are a French variety of green beans that is longer and thinner than the American style.
Blanching helps the beans to retain their color and make them just a little softer if you are sautéing. For oven roasting, you can easily cook green beans without blanching though.
Play with flavor by adding red pepper flakes, fresh lemon slices, or a splash of your favorite vinaigrette dressing after roasting. Or add an irresistible crunch and a savory twist with crumbled bacon or panko breadcrumbs.
You can use frozen green beans. Use whole green beans and rinse/dry them to remove any ice. Follow the instructions and cook the same as fresh green beans.
What's For Dinner?
Signup for recipe updates and get a free cookbook of Easy Weeknight Supper Solutions!
More Fresh Recipes
PS. If you make this recipe, leave a COMMENT AND A STAR RATING in the comments section at the bottom and be sure to take a photo and tag it #cravingcreative on Instagram! I appreciate you for taking the time to read about me and my family recipes.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
- 1 pound Fresh Green Beans about 500g, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt optional
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic about 4-6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley optional
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese plus more for after baking, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220 C). Remove any strings and thin ends from the green beans.
- Wash green beans and add to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss beans in olive oil to evenly coat. Arrange the green beans in one layer on baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 15-25 minutes, pulling halfway through the cooking time to toss and sprinkle with parmesan cheese over top. You will know they are done when the green beans are fork tender or you can cook them a little more for browning and crunch.
- Remove from oven, season with extra salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley and more parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately.