Grilled Chicken Marinade
The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade - chicken marinated in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar. Sweet and tangy in every bite!
Servings 6 chicken thighs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce reduced sodium
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh basil 2 tsp if using dried
- 2 tbsp mustard yellow is fine. If using dijon, use 1 tbsp less
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2.5 lbs chicken thighs or breasts
Whisk together all marinade ingredients.
Make sure chicken is all relatively the same thickness. Pound out with a meat mallet if necessary.
Place chicken in a gallon Ziplock bag. Pour the marinade over chicken.
Seal bag and marinade 2 hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
Grill over medium heat until done, 12 to 15 minutes.