Done in less than 20 minutes, this Toasted Ravioli recipe is quick and easy! Usually deep fried, this guilt free recipe is crispy and delicious with warmed marinara sauce for dipping. Includes directions for the oven, air fryer, or deep fried raviolis.
- 1 lb Fresh Ravioli not frozen
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup Marinara
Preheat oven to 425F.
Fill a dutch oven or large sauce pan about ⅔ of the way with water. Bring to a boil.
Place wire rack on top of rimmed baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a bowl, hand-whisk the eggs and water until fully incorporated.
In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine well.
Add the raviolis to the boiling water. Allow to boil about 2-3 minutes. Set aside on a plate in a single layer so that the raviolis do not touch. Allow excess water to evaporate for a few minutes.
Working one ravioli at a time, coat ravioli with egg mixture. Let excess drip off and coat generously with breadcrumb mixture. Press crumb mixture to adhere on both sides of ravioli. Repeat step if ravioli is not fully coated.
Place ravioli on greased wire rack. Give at least 1-inch space between each ravioli for even browning. Spray tops of ravioli with cooking spray.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until tops are golden brown and crisp — check about 6 minutes in. If raviolis are browning too quickly, cover with foil. The bake time will depend on the size of your ravioli.
Sprinkle extra parmesan cheese on top if desired. Serve immediately with warmed marinara sauce.
Air Fryer Method
Prepare the ravioli and batter mixtures the same.
Deep Fryer Method
- Fill the basket of your air fryer with a single layer of ravioli.
- You do not have to use a cooking spray, but I find that all air fryer recipes work best with a slight coating of spray oil after you put them in.
- Set to 350 degrees and 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from fryer and serve hot with a sprinkle of extra parmesan cheese on top. Serve immediately with warmed marinara sauce.
- Place the breaded ravioli in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm. Meanwhile, fill a deep pot with 2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Working in batches, place several ravioli in the oil but you don't want them to stick together. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate or pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 112mg