Classic Greek Salad
This Best Greek Salad Recipe is as fresh as it is delicious. This healthy salad is bursting with fresh chopped veggies, olives, cheese, and an amazing homemade Greek Salad dressing. With fresh ingredients, some simple chopping, and a little shaking, you’ve got a seriously tasty salad! Yum!
Servings 6 cups
- ½ cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- ¾ cup Kalamata Olives pitted
- 6 Pepperoncini Peppers stems removed and halved lengthwise
- 1 ½ cup Grape Tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 ½ cup Cucumber quartered, seeded and sliced into chunks
- 8 oz Feta Cheese crumbled or cubed
- Fresh Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Olive Oil Use a light tasting olive oil
- 4 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Minced Feta Cheese mince up feta from the salad
- 2 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
Wash and cut all vegetables appropriately and put in a large bowl.
Toss all salad dressing ingredients -olive oil, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, garlic, dry mustard, thyme, oregano, sugar, feta, salt, and pepper into a small bowl and whisk together thoroughly.
Pour salad dressing over the top and toss salad ingredients together. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Substitutions and Notes
Optional serving ideas
- You can use green bell pepper instead of pepperoncinis if you prefer.
- You don't have to take the seeds out of the cucumber, but I do it to keep the salad from being too runny.
- If you would like to skip making your own dressing, I recommend Ken's Steakhouse Greek Dressing. You can also make the dressing in advance to allow the flavors to blend. It makes a great marinade as well.
- Serve with crusty thin sliced bread for a party or side dish. For a dinner salad, serve on top of a bed of romaine lettuce and top with croutons.
- If making ahead, leave the dressing on the side until just ready to serve to keep the veggies crisp.