Teriayki Chicken Kabobs
Fire up the grill for Teriyaki Chicken kabobs! An ideal dinner for warm summer nights, the citrus teriyaki marinade adds a flavorful twist to this healthy and simple grilled favorite.
Servings 4 servings
- 1.5 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- ½ up Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ⅓ cup Honey
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon Minced Ginger substitute 1.2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 can pineapple chunks or use fresh pineapple when in season
- 5 cups vegetables cut into 1.5 inch chunks red pepper, mushrooms, red onions, and zucchini are excellent
- 2.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1.5 inch chunks about 4 breasts
- Kabob Skewers
Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
Reserve ½ cup of marinade for brushing on the grill. Pour the rest over chicken and coat well. Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
Cut veggies into 1.5 - 2 inch chunk size pieces. The vegetables should ideally all be the same size as the chicken.
Pre-heat grill to med/med-high.
Thread the chicken and veggies using kebab skewers or bamboo sticks.
Grill 12-16 minutes or until cooked through. Rotate as needed during grilling.
Serving Ideas: I usually serve over a bed of rice. This is also delicious with Fresh Mexican Street Corn Cobs, our Cucumber Onion Salad, or Crunchy Asian Slaw. Other fun ideas include kabobs of fresh fruit, antipasti and mini dessert bites.
Store: Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Lasts 3-4 days.
Freeze: You can freeze the marinating chicken or the cooked kabobs. Allow it to thaw before grilling. Lasts about 3 months if in an airtight ziplock bag and sealed well.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water at least an hour. I find it easiest to submerge the skewers while putting the marinade together.
- Larger pieces will cook more evenly and still remain moist at the center.
- Cut the chicken and vegetables at the same size – about 1.5 inches.
Serving: 1breast | Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.2g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 9.2g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2.9mg