Bailey’s and Blonde Cake
A sweet cake with a kiss of Bailey's Irish Cream baked right into the cake and topped with a caramel Bailey's glaze.
Servings 12 squares
- 1/2 cup Walnut Pieces
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter - softened 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Chips
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. See Notes for Bundt pan substitutions.
In mixer, cream the butter, brown and white sugar, and vanilla together. Add eggs, mixing after each addition. Add in milk and Bailey's.
In separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add 1 cup of dry mix to mixer at a time, mixing between additions.
Put in pan. Sprinkle top with white chocolate chips and walnuts (they will sink some during baking). Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and cake is bouncy in the middle. Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
In small saucepan, melt butter over med heat. Add Bailey's. Bring to simmer. Stir often for 5-7 minutes, depending on desired thickness. Remove from heat.
Add chocolate chips and whisk until evenly melted. Allow sauce to cool for a few minutes and thicken. If you would like a thicker sauce, add a teaspoon or two of cornstarch and stir until smooth.
Drizzle over top of cake while the glaze is just a little warm.
If you want more Bailey's flavor, substitute 1/4 cup of Bailey's instead of the milk. It will also cause the cake to be sweeter.
Bundt Pan Substitutions:
- The cook time is approximately 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- A bundt cake generally is more dense than a sheet cake just because of the height and version of baking. You can adjust for that if you like.
- A 9x13 sheet cake (as this recipe is) fits perfectly in a 10 cup bundt pan.
- Before putting in the oven, sprinkle the walnuts and chocolate chips on the bottom. Pat in the chips and walnuts into the cake to more easily allow them to fall as it bakes. Reduce the white chocolate chips to 3/4 cup.
Serving: 1slice cake | Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6.4g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 5mg | Sugar: 24g | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.4mg