That special time of year where we celebrate the great mom’s around the world is soon coming. (I was also born the day before Mother’s Day so it is doubly awesome!) This year, Mother’s Day will be May 11, 2014 and you will be ready to show those precious mothers and grandmothers how special they are with these wonderful and simple Mother’s Day ideas. Click any of the pictures below to look at these inspirational and crafty gifts.
Personalized Key Chain – Aren’t these adorable?! Engrave anything you like from the kid’s drawings to a personal note. This is a cherished keepsake!
Lavender Rose Bath Bombs (tutorial)– This bath scrub is luxurious and easy to make! I love sugar or salt scrubs year round, but they are even nicer in the spring after such a long miserable winter.This particular scent also is fun because of the rose petals it brings to the bath. Mom will feel invigorated on her special day after this indulgent spa treatment.
2. Family Tree Wood Slice – What is better than showing off your family tree on a real tree! Each genealogy chart is hand illustrated with love and engraved (burned) into a wood slice harvested from a sustainable forest. This personalized piece of art will become a family heirloom and a conversation starter for any home.
3. Handprint Apron – For Mother’s Day, give mom a one of a kind gift. This apron is beautiful and easy to make. I don’t think I could use it though, as it is such a beautiful keepsake for a mother or grandmother.
4. Best Mom Ever Pin – You know moms deserve an award! This adorable printable Best Mom Ever Pin is so inspiring and cute. My own mother gave me a similar gift for Mother’s Day. I was so touched because I knew my Mom was proud of me (I like almost cried).
5. Photo Cubes Tutorial – Sharing family favorite photos is a great gift for Mother’s Day. These cubes are a very whimsical and decorative way to show off your family photos.
6. Monogram Tote – If you love to give something personalized, but maybe time is a factor, this tote is here to save the day! As a mom, I can tell you I never have enough “Mom-bags”, but you can be stylish and beautiful at the same time. Guaranteed to put a smile on any mother’s face.
7. Beautiful Necklace – While this may not specifically say “Mom” on it, it’s a gift I personally would love to recieve. You can personalize the state and the color of the charm as well.
7. DIY Chalkboard Window Herb Garden – I love window gardens and chalkboard paint is very trendy right now. If your mom likes gardening, this simple herb garden is a great gift that will last.
9. Family Recipe Book – This is a very nice and simple gift to make for any generation in the family and easy with this precious binder. Simply add your own family’s recipes and you have a unique and personalized gift.
10. And lastly, don’t forget to get a card for mom and tell her how important she is in your life. Every mom likes to hear that no matter how old or independent her children are. The one above is a handmade card I made for my mom a few years ago using my silhouette cameo. It is also one of my favorite cards of all time.
More Mother’s Day Gift Ideas