It’s been awhile since I updated you on our progress with the house and there’s good reason for that. It isn’t ready! The kitchen and living room are painted but that’s about it. We have been so hard working on the fence and the dining room is taking several weekends as well. But I have a plan, and that’s what counts!
We have a somewhat open floor plan on the main floor so I am doing one color scheme for all. You may notice that I love graphic patterns. I just can’t get enough of geometric shapes and bold prints.
The couch pictured above is the actual couch we purchased which you can find here. The dark couch was a must have in our house. With a dog and our son, it was a necessity. It’s the only thing we have bought so far for the living room.
For the other items I have picked out:
- The Turquoise Credenza.
- Similar area rug here.
- white country chic coffee table or this nice heavy coffee table.
- A beautiful metal end table like this metal accent table adds another layer of pattern to the ensemble.
We are planning A LOT of DIYs, course, (and sharing them here) including:
- The fireplace and half of the kitchen bar will be covered in faux stone
- I have asked hubby to build me a coffee table similar to the one above. I want a stocky chest-like coffee table painted in white.
- We also will be mounting the TV on the wall and flank either side with custom made shelves that go floor to ceiling with an entertainment center and shelf underneath.
- Wall art projects, picture framing, stencils, sewing pillow covers, and much more.
Update for 2018 (this post was written in 2014): Though we went a slightly different direction with the decorating, you can see some of our projects that we did for this color scheme:
As I said, we have since gone in a slightly different direction and went more with blues than aquas and yellows. You can see the design that we are currently working on right now here. I hope to have this space finally done for Christmas 2018 so I hope you will come back for that home tour!
In the meantime, check out some of our DIY projects we did complete around the house:
- Building A Kitchen Island
- Entertainment Center Makeover
- Building A Custom Closet In A Day
- How To Install Wainscotting
- How To Paint Concrete Floors
Grab our free series "Weekend Home Projects that will Transform Your Life"
Sign up below to receive updates including free printables, organization tips, home improvement projects, recipes and more!
Complete Room Renovations (Click Photo To Go To The Post)