We have a somewhat open floor plan on the main floor so I am doing one color scheme for all. You may notice that I love graphic patterns. I just can’t get enough of geometric shapes and bold prints.
The couch pictured above is the actual couch we purchased which you can find here. The dark couch was a must have in our house. With a dog and our son, it was a necessity. It’s the only thing we have bought so far for the living room.
For the other items I have picked out:
- The Turquoise Credenza.
- Similar area rug here.
- white country chic coffee table or this nice heavy coffee table.
- A beautiful metal end table like this white metal accent table adds another layer of pattern to the ensemble.
We are planning A LOT of DIYs, course, (and sharing them here) including:
- The fireplace and half of the kitchen bar will be covered in faux stone
- I have asked hubby to build me a coffee table similar to the one above. I want a stocky chest-like coffee table painted in white.
- We also will be mounting the TV on the wall and flank either side with custom made shelves that go floor to ceiling with an entertainment center and shelf underneath.
- Wall art projects, picture framing, stencils, sewing pillow covers, and much more.
Update for 2018 (this post was written in 2014): Though we went a slightly different direction with the decorating, you can see some of our projects that we did for this color scheme:
As I said, we have since gone in a slightly different direction and went more with blues than aquas and yellows. You can see the design that we are currently working on right now here. I hope to have this space finally done for Christmas 2018 so I hope you will come back for that home tour!
In the meantime, check out some of our DIY projects we did complete around the house:
- Building A Kitchen Island
- Entertainment Center Makeover
- Building A Custom Closet In A Day
- How To Install Wainscotting
- How To Paint Concrete Floors
Complete Room Renovations (Click Photo To Go To The Post)