This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiftDeliciously#CollectiveBias
The holiday rush is upon us! Thanksgiving seems so far behind us and the frantic season is here. With so much to be done, it seems hard to fit in the real joys of the season like sitting next to the fire sipping hot cocoa or catching up with friends over a winter feast. However, you can have your cake and eat it too! The solution is combining your must do’s with some much-needed gal pal time with a Gift Wrapping Party. After all, they have presents to wrap too. Isn’t it better to wrap them together?
When I was a child, I can always remember my mom spending an entire evening locking herself in her bedroom alone to wrap presents. Being kids, of course, we bugged the poor woman to death with our gentle tap-taps on the door and “Moooooooom”. That is no way to spend an evening so a few days ago, I invited about a dozen of my gal pals and neighborhood moms to my house with all of their gifts in tow. It was pretty easy to get them in the spirit when I said I would set up some lunch and there would be no sneaky kids to worry about. What surprised me was how I loved to see what my friends were gifting their loved ones, and I got so many gift wrapping ideas by watching them pretty up their presents!
I set a folding table up in the room near the wrapping station. Just a few simple decorations shopped from around the house made a pretty backdrop and only took a few minutes!
Wrapping Christmas Luncheon Menu
- Simple Sandwiches on a tiered tray
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting
- Hot Broccoli Dip (Recipe Below)
- Veggie Tray and Dip
- Simple Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Cookie and Treat Tray
The luncheon highlight for this party was a cheesy broccoli dip. What makes this dip so special? Well, it’s got everything you want – serious creaminess, cheesiness, layers of flavor, and all the goodness of broccoli. It is so good that even my husband requests it for football and that is saying sumthin’.For a simple party like the wrapping party I threw together, this Warm Broccoli Dip is also perfect since you can mix all the ingredients the night before and store it overnight in the fridge. Just bake it in the oven before your guests arrive and reap the compliments.
- 1 package frozen broccoli thawed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese shredded (6oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesean
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1 green onion thinly sliced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a mixer, beat all ingredients together except the green onion. Spoon into an 8x8 pan or other appropriate dish. Ingredients may be mixed the night before and stored in the refrigerator.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden.
On our main dining room table, I set up all the supplies I had on hand. If you want to do a party like this one, here is a list of some of the items you should have:
- Tape (double sided, invisibe)
- Tissue Paper
- Gift Bags
- Wrapping Papers
- Pens and Markers
I asked others to bring items, such as wrapping paper and scissors, that I would not have enough for everyone.
Here are a few packages that I have wrapped so far this year. You may recognize a few from my Free Plaid Printable Gift Tags. I have a few more gifts to buy and wrap, but it is so nice to have a head start on the wrapping! And the best part was that I wasn’t locked in a room all day hiding like some hermit. When the party was over, I felt renewed and successful. Take that to-do list!
Looking for More Christmas Party Ideas? Check these out:
- The guide to Stress Free Holiday Hosting
- How To Host a Wine and Cheese Party
- Ugly Sweater Party Ideas and Printables
- Adorable Christmas Party Decorations