If you need a sweet treat for a basketball party, this game day snack is the one for you! A sweet chocolate popcorn made with REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups AND REESE’S Pieces, this Chocolate Reese’s Popcorn Munch will wow your friends and family! A big thank you to REESE’S and #Collective Bias for partnering with me in this #snacktalk challenge. All opinions and recipe are my own.
REESE’S and the Big Tournament just go together, don’t they? Seriously, search basketball snacks on pinterest and REESE’S recipes abound. Although I am not the most ardent basketball fan, the talk of brackets and who will win makes me want to throw a party or make some delicious treats. That’s why I’m excited about this party snack recipe for Chocolate Reese’s Popcorn Munch. It is simple enough to prepare and is sure to have everyone smiling. Happy guests are always my goal…it keeps me from sounding like the total moron about sports that I am. There will be a whole lot less trash talking and a lot more crunching!
But first, let me tell you about the perfect game day snack for all the chocolate and peanut butter fans out there. This is after we placed the REESE’S popcorn on wax paper. This recipe is amazingly simple. Popcorn+Pretzels+REESE’S Cups+REESE’S Pieces = Awesome Good! At least, that’s what my son said after he tasted it.
If you happen to be serving up a party, make sure to divvy up the portions so everyone gets a share. I don’t have enough bowls to pass around so I use regular brown craft paper bags. Cut the top down with some decorative scissors and fold it over. Now it’s the perfect snack bag!
Want more Easy Snacks and Treats to enjoy? Check out these recipes:
- Easy Marshmallow Pops
- Gourmet Chocolate Covered Apples
- Easy Key Lime Pie Milkshake
- Easy Marshmallow Pops
- 1 large bag of popcorn
- 2 cups pretzels
- 3/4 cup mini reese's cups cut in half
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Reese's Pieces
- Pop the popcorn as directed and allow to cool in a very large bowl or container. Make sure to remove any unpopped kernels. Mix in pretzels and mini reese's cups. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In 30 second intervals, melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave. Drizzle over the popcorn and toss.
- Melt 1/3 cup of chocolate chips in the same manner. Drizzle over popcorn and toss again.
- Spread mixture out on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle reese's pieces over top. Melt remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and drizzle with a spoon or icing bag over the popcorn mixture.
- Allow chocolate to harden at room temp or you can put in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Take out and allow to come back to room temperature before serving.
Our Newest Recipe Videos
More Great Recipes