I’ve partnered with Mrs. Smiths, Cool Whip, and #Collective Bias to create this scrumptious Cherry Pie Coffee Cake to dazzle your guests this holiday season. Opinions and recipe are my own.
A delicious easy cherry coffee cake recipe made with pie filling and a fresh cream cheese glaze on top.
Cherry Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup whipped topping such as cool whip
- Bake the pie as directed. Allow to cool. Use a knife to cut the top crust off for faster cooling.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a spring form pan. In a mixer, add the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, and mix. Stir in the sour cream until blended. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- One cup at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix between each addition. Pour into spring form pan.
- Break up the pie, bottom crust included. Spoon evenly across the top of the cake mixture. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Check around 1 hour if additional time is needed. Check the center to make sure the skewer or toothpick comes out clean.