These Blackened Chicken Caesar Burritos are fast and a truly unique meal idea to add to your busy weeknight dinner list! Even if you are not a fan of super spicy foods, like my wimpy self, the seasoning can be adjusted and use less spicy toppings like sour cream and Caesar dressing.
Oh, today I am about to blow your mind! There, I said it, and I stand behind it. Today’s recipe for Blackened Chicken Caesar Burritos is definitely in the top 5 all-time family favorites.
I am a total wimp for spicy food which is a testament to how good these are. Years ago, my husband came home from a work trip out to California. He was raving- and I do mean raving- about a Blackened Chicken Caesar Burrito he had eaten in LAX. He all but begged for a recreation of that tangy, spicy nirvana in a soft shell blanket.
After a few attempts, he was very happy with the outcome and I can not tell you how many times in the last few years we have made these Blackened Chicken Caesar Burritos! It is definitely a staple and makes it on the dinner menu at least once a month. And the recipe lends itself well to changing the ingredients to suit everyone’s tastes. I eat my burrito with Caesar dressing, rice, black beans, lettuce tomato, salsa, and parmesan cheese. Hubby skips the salsa and sometimes the tortilla to make his own blackened chicken Caesar salad.
Burrito Topping Options
Besides the requisite Blackened Chicken, Rice, and Tortillas, there are many options for topping your burritos:
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sliced Black Olives
- Diced Jalapeno Peppers
- Caesar Dressing
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Monterrey Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Black Beans
Tools for Making Blackened Chicken Caesar Burritos
Cast Iron Skillet – To make the best blackened chicken, a cast iron skillet is necessary. While you could do it with a regular pan, you risk possibly burning and ruining the pan. I highly recommend getting a cast iron pan.
Cajun Seasoning – This is the cajun seasoning we use to make Blackened Chicken. It’s not super spicy, but it does have a kick. If you want a little more kick, add some cayenne pepper to the spice mix.
Southwest Rice – We use this rice for our Burritos.
Looking for More Delicous Dinner Ideas? Here are some of our favorites:
Blackened Chicken Caesar Burritos
- 1 lb chicken breast meat
- Cajun Seasoning
- 4 Flour Tortilla Shells
- Toppings : all are optional for your personal taste
- Uncle Ben's 90 second Southwest Rice
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ head Romaine Lettuce cleaned and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 16 oz can Black Beans
- ½ cup Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Parmesan or Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Lay out toppings as necessary.
- Wrap chicken breasts loosely between two sheets of plastic wrap. With a cooking mallet or hammer, pound the chicken until about ½ to ¾ inch thick. Start from the center and work out to the edges to produce an even thickness. If you do not have a mallet, you can slice the chicken to the appropriate thickness. Generously season each side with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat Cast Iron skillet over medium-high heat until smoking hot. Lay chicken down and cook for approximately 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink. The pan will smoke some and this is normal.
- Serve with warm tortillas and appropriate toppings.
What's For Dinner?
Signup for recipe updates and get a free cookbook of Easy Weeknight Supper Solutions!
Our Newest Recipe Videos
More Great Recipes: