Tired of the same ol’ breakfast recipes? Try these Sausage and Apple stuffed crescent roll, filled with a sweet and savory mixture that is perfect for a sunday morning brunch or lazy morning breakfast. Your tastebuds will never be bored again.
Sometimes, the logistics of feeding a crowd can be daunting to keep everything fresh and warm. One of my favorite recipes that I have been making for years is Sausage and Apple Stuffed Crescent Rolls. I make it often when the house is full with guests during the holidays. This simple recipe uses store bought cinnamon apples, maple sausage, and cream cheese to make the best grab and go breakfast there is! I guarantee you will want to make this for the holidays or the night before to make busy mornings go smoothly.
My mom first introduced me to this recipe and I, at first, thought it was a kind of odd combination. But after that first bite, I was hooked! Everyone raves how creamy and scrumptious these stuffed crescent rolls are. This recipe makes 16 apple and sausage stuffed crescent rolls so you can get quite a bit out of it and they do store well for a few days after baking. I usually pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to warm them up.
The recipe is pretty straight forward, make the mix and add about three table spoons to each crescent roll. I usually roll them as normal and twist the ends to make sure the filling doesn’t spill out during baking. I will probably get some questions about what cinnamon apples to use. I have the perfect recipe for cinnamon apples, but in a pinch, I use Stouffer’s Cinnamon Apples in the freezer section and heat them as normal but I imagine you could also use apple pie filling too. Add cinnamon if necessary.
Looking for more delicous recipes? Check out our other posts:
- Southern Squash Casserole
- Yellow Squash Muffins
- Fried Apples with Cinnamon
- Overnight Oats for Busy Mornings
- Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Apple Sausage Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- 4 oz maple sausage
- 1 cup cinnamon apples I use Stouffer's cinnamon apples in the freezer section
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 green onion sliced very thin
- 2 tubes crescent rolls 16 crescent rolls
- If the cinnamon apples are frozen, warm them as directed.
- In a skillet or pan over medium heat cook sausage through and crumble. Drain fat and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, apples, sausage, and green onions together until combined well.
- Use an ungreased cookie sheet for the crescent rolls. Add 3-4 tablespoons of the filling to the larger end of the crescent rolls. Roll up each loosely, starting at the larger side of the triangle, rolling to the opposite point. Twist or lightly pinch ends around to secure filling. Place on cookie sheet and curve into a crescent shape.
- 3 Bake at 375°F. for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown on the tops.
Our Newest Recipe Videos
More Great Breakfast Recipes