Very exciting news today! I got my first video uploaded today. I will admit that I am not the greatest public speaker but I think it went ok. And…my December daily album is done, complete, finished!
2013 December Daily Album:
Doing the video and seeing the finished album gave me some thought about what I learned from doing my first December daily journal style album and what advice I would give to others. So here are my Top 5 –
1. Everyone says this, but the December daily album really is about your life at the current time. It can include things other than Christmas and even, dare I say, ugly pictures. (Oh wait, she said what?!) You could even not use a picture at all during one day! I used a coloring page one day and my son’s letter to Santa.
2. Have a basic idea of events or a calendar. I had an advent calendar that I went by and I cannot stress how much this helped me to stay organized.
3. You don’t need to wait until December to start (and I wouldn’t recommend it either). I personally sketched out about 40 layouts before December. That way I could just pick what suited my fancy that day.
4. If I had to do my journal album over again, I think I would have skipped the “daily” aspect. I would rather have designed by events. Although I got to include everything I wanted (I think), it made my schedule a little weird since it was 6 days before we decorated our Christmas tree.
5. Make a list of prompts. We all have boring days, that is part of life. On these days, I did things like “what Christmas means to me”. Make a list of ideas ahead of time to fill in those days when you don’t know what to focus on.
Have a great day!