I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with Plaid Crafts, Michaels and Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are my own.
Hubby and I are on completely different schedules most of the time. I am heading to bed at 1am while he is waking up at 4am for work. It can often be difficult to give each other the proper communication that our family needs. One of the ways we have come up with for reminders is to leave a notes next to the coffee machine. But sometimes searching for a sheet of paper can be kind of long and arduous (at midnight). So I made a little chalkboard to leave these notes for each other. Of course I had to get crafty with it! To make it even more fun, I used these Spring Wood Surfaces.
Basic supplies are all that is required for this project. I have the wood frame surface, some assorted paints and paintbrushes, and the chalkboard paint. If you want to create a stand for the memo board, you can also use a scrap piece of wood cut into a triangle.
This project is pretty straightforward but there are a few tips. First, all of the paint surfaces have 2-4 coats. I recommend several coats since the chalkboard area will receive some extra wear. The triangle stand is also simply hot glued to the stand. I added a bullnose clip to hang important documents like checks that need deposited or mail to the board.
But it was still looking a bit under-embellished. I loved this little word, Inspire. It reminded me to keep my inner grouch at bay while (I hoped) it would inspire the recipient to get the job done. I liked the look of the simple wood against the blue, but it definitely needed some sparkle. I use this mod podge sparkle every chance I get. It dries with a gentle shimmer effect and not the over-the-top rave child effect. Additional coats will add more glitter as needed.
When it was finished, I had exactly the right place for it – next to the coffee machine. It’s the first and only place hubby goes to every morning. I love my little cute chalkboard memo stand. With Valentine’s Day coming up, I should make sure to leave more love notes than hubby-do’s on it. I am sure he would appreciate that.
>>Want more Crafty Ideas?<<
- Plaid Website: http://www.plaidonline.com/
- The Plaid Palette Blog: http://www.plaidonline.com/blog – The Plaid Palette is a source of inspiration with news about new product introductions, project ideas, tutorials from Plaid’s craft experts and giveaways.
- Newsletter: https://www.plaidonline.com/craft-newsletter-signup.aspx – Sign up for Plaid’s email newsletter for special coupons, project ideas and more!
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/plaidcrafts – Plaid’s YouTube channel features videos with product demonstration, special seasonal projects and ideas from top Craft Experts.
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/plaidcrafts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspiredByPlaid
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/plaidcrafts – A look into daily life at Plaid and project inspiration.
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/plaidcrafts
- Google+: http://plus.google.com/+PlaidOnline