Guess What? I got nominated for the Liebster award by Teach Love Craft!
So what is a Liebster award? Sort of like a virtual hug to small or up and coming blogs, it is given to you by fellow bloggers. Makes my heart melt! Glitter and confetti to everyone! I am very grateful to Lisa, Rona, and Grace for nominating my little blog.
If you choose to accept, the rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5- 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
Leibster Questions Answered
1. What’s your go to store for craft/DIY supplies?
I have such varied interests so that is a tough one. For general crafts and supplies, we have a fantastic JoAnn’s right down the street. Lowe’s is another one since one of my larger projects this year is a foreclosure.
2. What is your favorite hardware finish?
On lighter colors, I would probably use antiqued brass or venetian bronze. On my dark bedroom set I have polished chrome
3. What is one craft/DIY tool you can’t live without?
My Silhouette Cameo
4. What is your most prized possession?
Does my dog count? I know that, legally, pets are property but I hate even thinking about him that way. He is family.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
Egypt is on my “must do in life” list. The pyramids! The Nile! Museums! Camels! It has been a terrible, miserable winter here and a poolside desert oasis sounds like the perfect cure. I know there is a lot of political unrest right now though.
6. What’s the most difficult thing about blogging?
Balancing my own expectations and my ideas with the amount of time I have. I would love to do larger projects and more posts, but I do still work full-time and have a family. But I will be around for a long time so I know I will get to them eventually.
7. How did you pick your blog name?
My husband is my opposite in many ways. We are the Dharma and Greg of the real world, but not to that extreme. And he is more creative than he thinks, or maybe I just want to believe that because I ask him his opinion all the time. One day, we were talking about life and I told him that I couldn’t live a life without spontaneity or creativity or passion. It is who I am. Hence, I crave some creativity in my life.
8. What made you decide to create a blog?
I had thought about it for about a year before venturing into blogging. I am leaving my career in six months and wanted to explore my arty, crafty, crazy life more. I also want to develop outside adult relationships while developing my interests when I get to stay at home.
9. What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)
Oh boy, that one is hard! I honestly think I am going to say my self portrait project. It is really hard for me to scrapbook directly about me. This project was a legacy project and it really made me focus on me, for once.
10. What do you hope readers take away from your blog?
Inspiration, maybe a laugh if I am lucky.
11. Which blog star would you like to meet in person?
Are we not all blog stars?! Jen from tater tots and jello or Jessica from How Sweet Eats (she was the very first blog I discovered and loved a few years ago!)
11 Random facts about me
1. I am actually pretty shy in real life. If you approach me, I can talk to you all day long. I believe it is some sort of skill people must be born with because the art of striking up a conversation seems like Harry Potter magic to me. I just get this deer in headlights look and my brain goes stupify.
2. I have a degree in Biology.
3. I love naps! Not necessarily sleeping but just the ability to shut off for thirty minutes in the middle of the day. Maybe this is a Mommy thing since they are so rare now.
4. My son’s nickname is Booboo. He could not go a week without a bruise on his forehead while he was 1-3 years old. Unfortunately, I often refer to him as “My little Booboo” which sounds terrible but he is kinda stuck with it now.
5. Aqua/teal is my favorite color. Pink is my least favorite.
6. Today, I was rewarded at Walmart! The lines were about 6-7 people long. Some people cut in a different line after I politely told them I think the end of the line was “over there”. It wasn’t even my line but I got so mad about it, I decided to circle the store again. When I got back after a few minutes, a new line opened up and asked me first. The best part was that on my out I passed those same ladies still checking out! Karma rules!
7. I rode and showed horses all of my childhood, but I have not been on a horse in a decade. I do miss it all the time!
8. My favorite current TV shows are Once upon a time and Haven. I am really getting into Believe and Resurrection though.
9. I have a mouth like a sailor (but only my husband hears it) and yet I cannot stand vulgarity.
10. My husband’s ex-girlfriend accidentally introduced me to him. No, they weren’t dating anymore but it’s a really story.
11. I know it’s old but this video makes me smile no matter my mood. Thank you cookie monster!
People I Am Nominating
I realize that some may have received this award, but not from me and I want to show that I love what you guys are doing!
Paper Charm Designs
Texas Crafty Kitchen
Adventures at Naptime
Artwork by JM
Mom and Dad Central
Three Kids and a Fish
Tips and Treasures
Questions for the Nominees
1. What are your hobbies that you do not blog about?
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
3. What have you found most difficult about blogging?
4. What is your favorite item or outfit in your closet?
5. What is your favorite post that you have written (with link)?
6. If you were a superhero, what would be your super ability?
7. How much time do you spend on social media a day?
8. What blog idol would you like to meet in person?
9. What would your dream vacation be?
10. What has been the best advice you have received about blogging?
11. What is the theme song of your life?
Have a great day!