In my own personal experience, I have learned that appreciation ranks high among men. Speaking in broad stereotypes, men want appreciation the way women want romance. With that in mind, I came up with a simple but meaningful valentine idea.
I made a cut-file with my silhouette cameos of 10 hearts. I made a list of 50 things I appreciate about my husband (this took a few days). Then I picked a color palette and wrote on the individual hearts.
The presentation is what makes this simple but impactful. If you have a large bathroom mirror, you could stick the valentines around the outside like a halo. Or hide them in special places (morning coffee setup/lunchbox/nightstand). Or put one on his pillow every night. There are lots of possibilities.
The messages can range from funny to sentimental. But they should be REAL and specific.
I made 50 of these hearts (not all pictured) and here are some prompts to help you with your list:
- that you clean the kitchen when I bomb it with my culinary creations.
- that you transformed my life into something special.
- that you brag about me!
- ALL your help around the house.
- that you make me laugh.
- that you will _____ even though you ______. ( kill the big, bad spider, fear them too)
- your hugs!
- that we have goals together.
- that you are always in my corner.
- that you are much better at ______ than me.
- your determination to be the best ______ you can be. (family man)
- that you want me to be _____. (happy, relaxed, feel loved)
- that you text, call, or email to connect with me throughout the day.
- your work ethic.
- that you are an involved father.
- that you can make an incredible _____. (steak)
- that you will raise our son to be _______. (a man, responsible, happy)
- that you let me ______. (make bold streaks in your black and white world.)
- that you support my craziest, overdone ideas.
- that you keep me ____ when I am _____. (sane, stressing out)
- the fact that we are better together.
- that you listen to my rants.
- that you ask for my input on big decisions
- that you accept and live with (most of) my faults
- that you are different from me because _______. (that you are a morning person. It motivates me. I am a late night person who is useless in the morning.)
Hope this inspires you! If you would like a copy of the cutfile or jpeg for personal use, comment below or email me at [email protected] and I will send a copy.
Have a great day!
If you like this and more inspiring ideas, check out my Pinterest Board.